Slowing and Stopping E-Mail Transmitted Viruses in an Microsoft Exchange Environment
This document provides you with recommendations about how to fortify a Microsoft Exchange environment against e-mail transmitted viruses and worms.
- Viruses and worms transmitted by e-mail have become a destructive reality that many administrators of Microsoft Exchange battle.
This document provides you with recommendations on how to fortify a Microsoft® Exchange environment against e-mail transmitted viruses and worms. Resources for the implementation details related to the recommendations are included.
If you are a messaging administrator who is responsible for mail flow at the implementation level, this document is critical because its recommendations and information will help you provide a higher level of service to your clients. If you are a messaging architect, this information will be helpful to you when planning a messaging topology and solution. If you are a desktop administrator, review this article for suggestions for maintaining a virus-free computing environment for your clients. If you are a member of the messaging team, the decision you make about antivirus software should fit into the overall antivirus solution deployed on the desktops. If you are a network or firewall administrator for Microsoft Active Directory directory service, you may also benefit from understanding the recommendations in this document.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows 2000 Server, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP
- The file is a Microsoft Word document. Users who do not have Microsoft Word can view this document through the downloadable Word Viewer.
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.