Update for Windows Embedded for Point of Service (KB903897)
Resolves issues that might occur with text not being localized even when MUI Packs are installed.
- This update resolves an issue where some strings are not localized in the Explorer Shell even when the appropriate MUI language packs are installed.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Embedded for Point of Service, Windows XP
- NOTE: This release is for Windows Embedded for Point of Service only.
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Run.
- To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save.
- To cancel the installation, click Cancel.
NOTE: Before running the update on a Windows Embedded for Point of Service device you must change the user interface language to English. To do this, use the following steps:
- Click the start button.
- Go to the control panel option.
- Go to the Regional and Language Settings control panel applet.
- Go to the Languages tab.
- Under the section titled "Language used in menus and dialogs" select
- Click the OK button on the Regional and Language setting dialog.
- Log off the device.
- Log into the device.