Microsoft Application Request Routing Version 2 for IIS 7 (x64)
Microsoft Application Request Routing (ARR) for IIS7 is a proxy based routing module that forwards HTTP requests to application servers based on HTTP headers and server variables, and load balance algorithms. ARR Version 2 adds support for disk based cache.
- Microsoft Application Request Routing (ARR) for IIS 7 is a proxy-based routing module that forwards HTTP requests to application servers based on HTTP headers, server variables, and load balance algorithms.ARR Version 2 is an incremental release that includes all of the features from Version 1, and adds support for disk-based cache.
ARR Version 2 can be used to:
- Enhance ARR Version 1 scenarios with disk cache.
- Use ARR as a cache proxy as a cache node in a CDN/ECN environment.
- Use ARR as an edge/child cache node.
- Use ARR as a parent cache node.
The installation package includes several additional components and hotfixes required by Application Request Routing:
- Microsoft URL Rewrite Module Version 2 for IIS 7
- Microsoft Web Farm Management Version 1 for IIS 7
- Microsoft Application Request Routing Version 2 for IIS 7
- Microsoft External Cache Version 1 for IIS 7
- Hotfix (KB 954438)
The ARR version 1 and ARR version 2 cannot be installed side-by-side.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 Datacenter, Windows Server 2008 Enterprise, Windows Server 2008 Standard, Windows Vista, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Home Premium
- Internet Information Services 7.0 must be installed
- Important: ARR Version 2 RTW supports upgrading from ARR Version 1 RTW and from ARR Version 2 RC. If any other version of ARR is already installed, uninstall both ARR and URL Rewrite before proceeding. Note that the corresponding configurations will be lost.
To install Application Request Routing:
1. As an administrator, run ARRv2_setup_(architecture)_.exe:
2. Accept the End User License Agreement (EULA).
3. The installers for the four components are launched one after another.
4. Complete the installation.
5. To check on the installation status, refer to %TEMP%\arr_setup.log.
Additional installation information can be found here.