Authorization and Profile Application Block
The Authorization and Profile Application Block is a reusable code component that builds on the capabilities of the Microsoft .NET Framework to help you perform authorization and access profile information.
- The Authorization and Profile Application Block provides you with an infrastructure for role-based authorization and access to profile information. The block allows you to:
●Authorize a user of an application or system.
●Use multiple authorization storage providers.
●Plug in business rules for action validation.
●Map multiple identities to a single user.
●Access profile information that can be stored in multiple profile stores.
Important Information: A newer version of this application block has been released as a part of the patterns & practices Enterprise Library. The new version includes updated functionality based on customer feedback, as well as improved extensibility, ease of use, and consistency and integration with other blocks in Enterprise Library. The application block you have requested is still available for download but is now considered as an archive release.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, Windows XP
- ● Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1
● Microsoft Visual Studio® .NET 2003 Enterprise Architect, Enterprise Developer, or .NET Professional edition
● One or more authorization stores to maintain your authorization data (if you are going to use the block for authorization)
● One or more profile stores to maintain your profile data (if you are going to use the block to access profile information).
● In addition, if you will be using the providers supplied with the Authorization and Profile Application Block, you will need the following:
- Windows Server 2003 or Windows 2000 Server with Service Pack 4 (required by the AzManProvider)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 database to store profile data (required by the ProfileCollectionSqlProvider).
- 1. Click the Download link on this page to start the download.
2. Do one of the following:
o To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
o To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.
3. Extract the .exe.
4. View the .pdf using Adobe Acrobat 4.0 or later.
5. View the Microsoft EULA using Microsoft Word.
6. Run the .msi to install the code block.