Enterprise Library for .NET Framework 2.0 - January 2006
This release of Enterprise Library for .NET Framework 2.0 includes: Caching Application Block, Cryptography Application Block, Data Access Application Block, Exception Handling Application Block, Logging Application Block, and Security Application Block.
- The patterns & practices Enterprise Library is a library of application blocks designed to assist developers with common enterprise development challenges. Application blocks are a type of guidance, provided as source code that can be used "as is," extended, or modified by developers to use on enterprise development projects. This release of Enterprise Library provides similar functionality to the previous releases for the .NET Framework 1.1; however, Enterprise Library has been redesigned to use the new capabilities of the .NET Framework 2.0.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
|Enterprise Library January 2006.exe||12.51 MB|
Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP Professional Edition
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 development system (any of the following editions):
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Development
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Testers
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Architects
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite
- Some blocks and samples require the use of Microsoft SQL Server or other database products.
- Visual Studio Team System (VSTS) or NUnit 2.2 is required if you want to execute unit tests.
- Click the 'Download button' to commence the download
- Once the download dialog appears, do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk. Once you are ready to install Enterprise Library, double-click on the saved file
- Follow the instructions in the installer program, including accepting the End User Licensing Agreement