Microsoft Interop Forms Toolkit 2.0
Allows developers to incorporate VB.NET Forms and Controls into their VB6 applications.
- This toolkit helps you bring the power of .NET to your existing VB6 applications, by allowing them to display .NET Forms and Controls from within the same application. Instead of upgrading the entire code base, these applications can now be extended one form at a time. The goal is a phased upgrade, with production releases at the end of each iteration containing both VB6 and VB.NET forms running in the same VB6 .exe process.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 2
You will also need to install the .NET Framework 2.0, Visual Studio 2005 (Standard Edition or higher), and Visual Basic 6.
IMPORTANT: If you have installed previous pre-release versions of .NET Framework v2.0, such as Beta 1, Beta 2 or Community Technical Preview (CTP) builds, then you must uninstall these versions via Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel before installing this final release version.
- 1. Important: Make sure you have the latest service pack and critical updates for the version of Windows that you are running. To find recent security updates, visit Windows Update.
2. Click the file to Download below to start the download
3. Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Run.
- To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save.
- To cancel the installation, click Cancel.
For most installations the MSI should be sufficient, however installing with Setup.exe will download the .NET Framework 2.0 if it's not already installed. If installing on Vista, please download both files then run Setup.exe.
IMPORTANT: If you have installed Interop Forms Toolkit 1.0 you must uninstall this before installing version 2.0. Version 2.0 is fully backward-compatible with 1.0, so your existing applications will work correctly with the new version.