Microsoft Project Server 2010 Evaluation
Project Server 2010 Evaluation ensures organizations select and deliver the right projects, while gaining greater visibility and control of resources leading to improved productivity and better business performance.
- Participate in the Microsoft Project Server 2010 evaluation and see how the innovative new capabilities can help organizations to:
• Capture all types of work in a centralized demand management repository
• Select the right project portfolios and maximize resource utilization
• Build and conveniently update project schedules online
• Create powerful dashboards and project reports
By adding Microsoft Project Professional 2010, enjoy powerful, visually enhanced ways to successfully manage and deliver a wide range of projects. Easier and more intuitive, Project Professional 2010 provides flexible choices to simplify planning, collaboration and resource management.
Please find more information on www.microsoft.com/project/.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2
- Project Server 2010 runs on Windows Server 2008. We recommend that you apply all critical updates. You can use the following Windows Server 2008 editions:
- • Windows Server 2008, Standard Edition
• Windows Server 2008, Enterprise Edition
• Windows Server 2008, Datacenter Edition
Server Core installations of Windows Server 2008 are not supported.
IMPORTANT: SharePoint Server 2010 and Project Server 2010 are available in 64-bit editions only and require 64-bit editions of Windows Server 2008.
Project Server 2010 requires the following Windows Server 2008 server roles on each application server in the farm:
- • Application Server role
• Web Server role with Internet Information Services (IIS) 6 Management Compatibility enabled
In addition to these server roles, Project Server 2010 also requires that Windows PowerShell be enabled.
Both the server roles and PowerShell will be configured automatically by the SharePoint Server 2010 prerequisite installation tool if they are not already enabled.
Web Browser. Internet Explorer 7.0 or 8.0 is required for a Project Server 2010 installation and for client computers that will be using Project Web Access.
SharePoint Server 2010 . Project Server 2010 runs as a SharePoint Server 2010 service application. As such, SharePoint Server 2010 is a required prerequisite for Project Server installation.
SQL server. The following versions of SQL Server are supported:
- • SQL Server 2005 SP3 CU4
• SQL Server 2008 SP1 CU3
The following components of SQL Server are required:
- • Database Engine
• Analysis Services
• Reporting Services
• Management tools
• Connectivity components
Software requirements: Project Server 2010 requires SharePoint Server 2010 and the SQL Server 2008 AMO objects.
Hardware requirements: The requirements below apply to a single server with built-in database installations and server farm installations that include a single server or multiple servers in the farm.
Processor: 64-bit, dual processor, 3 GHz
- 4 GB for stand-alone or evaluation installation.
8 GB for single server and multiple server farm installation for production use.
Hard Disk: 80 GB.
- 1. Download the file on this page.
2. Double-click the executable to start the setup program.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions for installation.
4. Enter the Project Server 2010 trial product key when prompted: W7FTF-FPKGY-WHYHD-JCQ9B-K8H2F