Forefront Unified Access Gateway (UAG) Update 1
Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway (UAG) Update 1 is an update to Forefront UAG that provides a number of functionality updates and other improvements.
- The following is provided by Forefront UAG Update 1:
• Remote Desktop access from Windows Vista and Windows XP: Client endpoints running Windows Vista and Windows XP can now access RemoteApps and Remote Desktops published through Forefront UAG.
• Support for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010: Forefront UAG now supports SharePoint Server 2010.
• Support for MSOFBA: Forefront UAG now supports the Office Forms Based Authentication protocol to allow rich clients to directly access applications published through Forefront UAG.
• Support for site cookies: Forefront UAG now supports the use of site cookies for non-alternate access mapping applications, in addition to domain cookies.
• Support for large CustomUpdate files: Forefront UAG now supports CustomUpdate files up to 1.5 GB in size.
• Changes in Group Policy Object (GPO) provisioning for DirectAccess clients: Update 1 fixes an issue that caused the export script that creates GPO objects to fail, and an issue that caused the GPO to be applied to all authenticated users in the domain (including computer accounts), instead of to DirectAccess clients only.
Forefront UAG help
A new help file (UAG_Help.chm) is provided for Forefront UAG Update 1. To update the help file on the Forefront UAG server, download the UAG_Help.chm file and save it in the …\Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway\common\help folder.
Find more information about Forefront UAG as follows:
• To read the latest Forefront UAG documentation, visit the Forefront UAG TechCenter library (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=179306)
• To read about up-to-date issues, visit the Forefront UAG Product Team blog (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=1565126)
• For support issues, visit the Forefront UAG forum (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=1565136)
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter, Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
- • A computer with a dual-core 64-bit processor
• Minimum 4 gigabytes (GB) of memory.
• 50 MB of available hard disk space
• Two network adapters.
- TO INSTALL THIS UPDATE ON AN ARRAY USING NLB, FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS TECHNET ARTICLE: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=185074
To install this update on a new Forefront UAG installation, or on an existing single server:
1. Close the Forefront UAG Management console.
2. As an administrator, double-click the ForefrontUAG_KB981323_ENU.msp file.
Important: If User Account Control (UAC) is turned on, to install Update 1, from an elevated command prompt, locate the folder containing the ForefrontUAG_KB981323_ENU.msp file, type ForefrontUAG_KB981323_ENU.msp, and then press ENTER.
3. Restart the server, if required.
4. If you have previously configured HTTPS trunks, open the Advanced Trunk Configuration dialog box, in the Server certificate drop-down list select a different trunk certificate, and on the dialog box, click OK. Open the Advanced Trunk Configuration dialog box for a second time, in the Server certificate drop-down list select the correct certificate, and then click OK.
5. Activate the configuration.