Windows Easy Transfer for transferring from Windows Vista (32 bit) to Windows 7
Use Windows Easy Transfer to copy your files, photos, music, e-mail, settings, and more from a computer running Windows Vista to a computer running Windows 7. You can transfer data using an Easy Transfer Cable, removable media, or across a network.
- This software installs Windows Easy Transfer on a computer running the 32-bit version of Windows Vista so you can copy your files, photos, music, e-mail, settings, and more to a computer running Windows 7. If your computer is running another version of Windows, you can download other versions of Windows Easy Transfer by following this link.
This software is already built into Windows 7, so it is not necessary to install it on a computer running Windows 7.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Vista
- Windows Easy Transfer supports the following operating systems:
1) Windows XP (SP2 and higher) to Windows 7
2) Windows Vista (SP1 and higher) to Windows 7
Windows Easy Transfer supports transfers using any of the following methods:
1) USB Easy Transfer Cable
2) Network connection
3) Removable media (such as a USB flash drive or external hard disk)
- Download and install Windows Easy Transfer on your computer running Windows Vista PC.
First open and run Windows Easy Transfer on your computer running Windows Vista.
Then open and run Windows Easy Transfer on your computer running Windows 7.
You can open the Windows 7 version of Windows Easy Transfer by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type “Easy Transfer” and then click Windows Easy Transfer.
Follow the instructions in the wizard to select and transfer your data.