OData Service for Team Foundation Server 2010 (v1.0)
This sample allows you to expose an OData service for Team Foundation Server 2010. This service can make it easier to build applications for a multitude of devices which consume or manipulate data stored in Team Foundation Server 2010.
The purpose of this project is to help developers work with data from Team Foundation Server on multiple types of devices (such as smartphones and tablets) and operating systems. OData provides a great solution for this goal, since the existing Team Foundation Server 2010 object model only works for applications developed on the Windows platform. The Team Foundation Server 2010 application tier also exposes a number of web services, but these are not supported interfaces and interaction with these web services directly may have unintended side effects. OData, on the other hand, is accessible from any device and application stack which supports HTTP requests. As such, this OData service interacts with the client object model in the SDK (it does not manipulate any web services directly).
For a video demonstration of this service please click here.
We are interested in your feedback on this release, and we are excited to hear about the types of experiences you create with it. You can email us at [email protected].
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista
- There are several components of this sample, and the software requirements depend on how you would like to use it. The list of required software may include the following:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team Explorer 2010
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010 (or access to a project hosted on a Team Foundation Server instance hosted by CodePlex.com)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4; WCF Data Services Toolkit (aka ODataContrib); Internet Information Services 7 (IIS7)
- Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (November 2010 or greater)
- (Optional) Windows Phone Developer Tools; (Optional) Microsoft WebMatrix
For additional details, please consult the documentation which is included with this release.
- Download the executable and run it to extract the contents to a folder of your choice. Open the StartHere.htm file for documentation.