Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 F# Runtime 2.0
This download installs the F# Runtime 2.0, which includes the runtime components needed to run programs built with the F# programming language.
- Visual F# is a new programming language that provides support for functional as well as object-oriented and procedural programming with the runtime support, libraries, interoperability, tools and object model of the .NET Framework. This combination enables developers to solve problems that range from traditional web and windows applications to more demanding technical and high-performance computing uses.
The Visual F# product includes the F# Runtime with many useful functions and types, including APIs for collections such as lists, arrays, maps, sets and sequences. The F# Runtime also supports reflection, events and formatted I/O.
In addition, the F# Runtime includes support for asynchronous workflows to support parallel computations, and mechanisms for communicating among parallel workflows. For more information, see Asynchronous Workflows (F#), Control.Async Class (F#) and Control.MailboxProcessor('Msg) Class (F#).
This Redistributable package enables the installation of this runtime on machines that do not already have Visual F# installed.
This installer will install the F# Runtime for.NET 2.0, .NET3.0, .NET3.5 and .NET4. If you install any additional versions of the .NET framework after installing the F# Runtime, please re-run this installer to ensure the F# runtime is installed for all available .NET platforms.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-Bit x86), Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 editions, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Vista Service Pack 2, Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Windows XP SP3
- Windows Server 2003 SP2
- Windows Vista SP1 or later
- Windows Server 2008 (not supported on Server Core Role)
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (not supported on Server Core Role)
- On this page, click Download to start the download.
- To save the download on your computer so that you can install it later, click Save.
- To cancel the installation, click Cancel.