Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 Enterprise Evaluation: Trial Experience for IT Professionals
Download SQL Server 2008 180-day Trial Software. Microsoft SQL Server 2008 is a database platform for large-scale online transaction processing (OLTP), data warehousing, and e-commerce applications; it is also a business intelligence platform for data analysis and reporting solutions.
- SQL Server 2008 is a trusted, productive, and intelligent data platform for all your data needs. SQL Server 2008 delivers on Microsoft’s Data Platform vision by helping your organization manage any data, any place, any time. It enables you to store structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data, such as documents, images and music, directly in the database. SQL Server 2008 delivers a rich set of integrated services that enable you to do more with your data such as query, search, synchronize, report, and analyze. Data can be stored and accessed in your largest servers within the data center all the way down to desktops and mobile devices, enabling you to have control over your data no matter where it is stored.
This fully functional trial software will automatically expire after six months. You can obtain the fully licensed version at any time.
For information about the different editions of SQL Server 2008, see the Editions page.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows Vista Service Pack 1, Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows XP Service Pack 3
- 32-bit systems
- Computer with Intel or compatible 1GHz or faster processor (2 GHz or faster is recommended.)
- 64-bit systems
- 1.4 GHz or higher processor
- Minimum of 512 MB of RAM (2 GB or more is recommended.)
- 2.2 GB of available hard disk space
Connecting to Visual Studio 2005 requires downloading and installing Visual Studio 2005 Support for SQL Server 2008, Community Technology Preview.
Please read important information in the Release Notes before installing SQL Server 2008 with Visual Studio 2008.
To learn more about what is required to run SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Evaluation, see the system requirements page.
- We recommend you read the Release Notes and Readme before installing SQL Server Enterprise Evaluation.
SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Evaluation is available as an image file that contains X86, X64 and IA64 installatable versions. You can use this image to burn your own DVD.
Step 1: Click the following link to download the file.
Step 2: Using your DVD-burning software, select the options to burn a DVD from an .ISO image. When you are prompted for a file to use, select the image file that you downloaded. After burning the DVD, locate and double-click Setup.exe on the DVD to begin the installation.
Step 3: Follow the installation instructions provided in the Readme.
You may also download a self-extracting executable (EXE) that is specific for X86, X64 or IA64. These executables do not support X86 installations on 64-bit versions of Windows. Use the DVD image for X86 installations on 64-bit versions of Windows (IA64 is not supported).
- Self-extracting executables: