Microsoft Download Center Archive
Update to Mitigate MS08-037 UDP Behavior Across NAT for Microsoft ISA Server 2004 Enterprise Edition
This update causes ISA Server to use random source ports for UDP sessions created by access rules which serve hosts in networks for which ISA Server defines a network address translation (NAT) relationship.
- This update resolves the issue described in Microsoft Article 956910, DNS queries that are sent across a firewall do not use random source ports after you install security update 953230 (MS08-037). With this update, ISA Server allocates a large set of random UDP ports and then selects a port from this set for use in new UDP sessions.
You can disable it programmatically (there is no user interface).
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003
- • ISA Server 2004 Enterprise Edition with Service Pack 3
- 1. Click the Download button on this page to start the download of a component.
2. Do one of the following:
• To start the installation immediately, click Run.
• To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save.
• To cancel the installation, click Cancel.