Windows CE Utilities for Visual Studio .NET 2003 Add-on Pack 1.1
The Windows CE Utilities for Visual Studio .NET 2003 add-on pack enables Visual Studio to connect to devices running Windows CE 4.1 and later.
- Visual Studio .NET 2003 is designed to make deploying and debugging applications easy on Pocket PC and other devices running Windows CE 4.1 and later. However, Visual Studio is unable to connect to devices running Windows CE that do not have an ActiveSync connection and cannot dynamically determine the CPU on non-Pocket PC devices. This add-on pack addresses these issues and enables Visual Studio to connect, deploy, and debug any device running Windows CE 4.1 or later.
The Windows CE Utilities for Visual Studio .NET 2003 add-on pack enables connecting through ActiveSync or directly over Ethernet (ActiveSync not required).
The following utilities are included in this download:
- Windows CE CPU Picker for devices with ActiveSync
- Smart Device Authentication Utility for devices without ActiveSync
- Settings to enable debugging with x86-based Windows CE devices
- Components needed to enable debugging with certain devices
- Tools to work around known issues with connecting to Pocket PC and non-Pocket PC devices.
- A tool to work around the known issue of XML skin files for SDK emulators not opening.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
|Windows CE .NET Utilities v1.1 for Visual Studio .NET 2003.EXE
Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP
- Computer running Visual Studio .NET 2003
- 10 MB free hard drive space
- ActiveSync 3.5 or later for connecting to devices with ActiveSync
- Supported device operating system, such as Pocket PC 2000, Pocket PC 2002, or Windows CE .NET 4.1 and later
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download, or choose a different language from the drop-down list and click Go.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.