Microsoft Download Center Archive
Forefront Unified Access Gateway (UAG) Update 2
Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway (UAG) Update 2 is an update to Forefront UAG that provides a number of functionality updates and other improvements.
- The following is provided by Forefront UAG Update 2:
• Citrix publishing support—Forefront UAG fully supports Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 and its replacement Citrix XenApp 5.0.
• Citrix client computer support—Forefront UAG supports client computers with 64-bit operating systems accessing Citrix XenApp applications.
• Client Components—The Forefront UAG SSL Application Tunneling component is now supported on 64-bit Windows 7 operating systems for 32-bit applications.
• Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)—Forefront UAG fully supports publishing remote desktops using VDI.
• SSTP user and group access control—Forefront UAG now provides a finer authorization mechanism allowing administrators to authorize individual users or groups for SSTP access.
• SSL handshake—Forefront UAG now provides better handling of the SSL handshake including the case when the application server requires client certificate credentials for the negotiation.
• MAC address support—Forefront UAG Network Connector supports a wider range of network adapters with a larger valid MAC address range.
Find more information about Forefront UAG as follows:
• To read the latest Forefront UAG documentation, visit the Forefront UAG TechCenter library (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=179306)
• To read about up-to-date issues, visit the Forefront UAG Product Team blog (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=1565126)
• For support issues, visit the Forefront UAG forum (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=1565136)
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter, Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
- • A computer with a dual-core 64-bit processor
• Minimum 4 gigabytes (GB) of memory
• 50 MB of available hard disk space
• Two network adapters
- TO INSTALL THIS UPDATE ON AN ARRAY USING NLB, FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS TECHNET ARTICLE: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=202089
To install this update on a new Forefront UAG installation, or on an existing single server:
1. Close the Forefront UAG Management console.
2. As an administrator, double-click the UAG_KB2288900-v4.0.1269.200-ENU.msp file.
Important: If User Account Control (UAC) is turned on, to install Update 2, from an elevated command prompt, locate the folder containing the UAG_KB2288900-v4.0.1269.200-ENU.msp file, type UAG_KB2288900-v4.0.1269.200-ENU.msp, and then press ENTER.3. Restart the server, if required.
4. Activate the configuration.