Web Platform Installer 1.0
The Microsoft Web Platform Installer is a free tool that makes it simple to download and install the latest components of the Microsoft Web Platform, including the IIS, SQL Server Express, .NET Framework and Visual Web Developer.
- Developers and server administrators can use the Web Platform Installer 1.0 to more easily discover, download and install the Microsoft Web platform. Using the Web Platform Installer’s simple user interface, you can select specific components or install the entire Microsoft Web Platform onto your computer easily and quickly. To help you stay up-to-date with product releases, the Web Platform Installer tool always contains the most current versions and new additions to the Microsoft Web Platform.
Examples of products which can be downloaded and installed through Web Platform Installer include:
- IIS Web Server
- Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition
- SQL Server Express Edition
- .NET Framework
- IIS Extensions (such as FTP 7.0 and URL Rewriter)
- …and more
Feedback for Web Platform Installer can be discussed directly with the feature team by visiting the Web Platform Installer Candidate Forum.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows Vista Service Pack 1, Windows XP Service Pack 2
- .NET Framework 2.0
- 1. Choose the appropriate (x86 or x64) installer below.
2. Run the msi to install the Web Platform Installer
3. Once installed, the Web Platform Installer will automatically begin.
4. Either select a package on the initial screen or customize and select the products you wish to install.