Microsoft JDBC Driver 6.0 for SQL Server
Download the Microsoft JDBC Driver 6.0 for SQL Server, a Type 4 JDBC driver that provides database connectivity through the standard JDBC application program interfaces (APIs) available in Java Platform, Enterprise Editions.
- The Microsoft JDBC Driver for SQL Server is a Type 4 JDBC driver that provides database connectivity through the standard JDBC application program interfaces (APIs) available in the Java Platform, Enterprise Editions. The Driver downloads are available to all SQL Server users at no additional charge, and provide access to Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Azure from any Java application, application server, or Java-enabled applet.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Linux, Unix, Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Vista
- The following summarizes requirements. It will be important to see System Requirements for the JDBC Driver for more detail.
Supported Java Versions:
Version support for Java Runtime Environments (JRE) and the associated JDBC API versions are determined by the included JAR files as follows:
• Sqljdbc41.jar requires a JRE of 7 and supports the JDBC 4.1 API
• Sqljdbc42.jar requires a JRE of 8 and supports the JDBC 4.2 API
Supported SQL Server Versions:
• Microsoft SQL Server 2016
• Microsoft SQL Server 2014
• Microsoft SQL Server 2012
• Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2
• Microsoft SQL Server 2008
• Azure SQL Database
• Azure SQL Data Warehouse or Parallel Data Warehouse
- Installation Instructions for the Microsoft Windows version of the JDBC Driver
Note: By downloading the Microsoft JDBC Driver for SQL Server, you are accepting the terms and conditions of the End-User License Agreement (EULA) for this component. Please review the End-User License Agreement (EULA) located on this page and print a copy of the EULA for your records.
1. Download sqljdbc_<version>_<language>.exe to a temporary directory.
2. Run sqljdbc_<version>_<language>.exe.
3. Enter an installation directory when prompted. We recommend that you unpack this zip file in %ProgramFiles% with the default directory: "Microsoft JDBC Driver x.x for SQL Server".
Installation Instructions for the UNIX version of the JDBC Driver
1. Download sqljdbc_<version>_<language>.tar.gz to a temporary directory.
2. To unpack the zipped tar file, navigate to the directory where you want the driver unpacked and type gzip -d sqljdbc_<version>_<language>.tar.gz.
3. To unpack the tar file, move it to the directory where you want the driver installed and type tar –xf sqljdbc_<version>_<language>.tar.