Microsoft Download Center Archive
Server Manager Answer File Schema
This download package contains the Server Manager command-line schema (ServerManagerConfiguration.xsd) to which your answer files must validate.
- Server Manager in Windows Server 2008 offers a command-line tool, ServerManagerCmd.exe, to enable users to perform automated installations or removals of roles, role services, and features. ServerManagerCmd.exe options enable users to view logs of its operations, and run queries to display lists of roles, role services, and features both installed and available for installation on a computer.
ServerManagerCmd.exe can be used with an XML answer file to expedite repetitive automated installations or removals of roles or features. In this version of Windows Server 2008, users create answer files from scratch. The answer file provides the following information to the Server Manager command-line interface:
- Roles, role services, and features users want to install on or remove from a server
- Configuration settings required to complete installation of roles, role services, or features
You can create the answer file to use with the Server Manager command line in an XML editing program or in a text editing utility such as Notepad. It is recommended that you use an XML editor that can validate your work to an existing XML schema, because it is important to validate your answer file to the Server Manager command-line schema definition.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Longhorn (Windows Code Name)
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run thisprogram from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.