Microsoft Download Center Archive
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (32 bit)
This installation package is intended for IT professionals and Administrators downloading and installing on multiple servers on a network. If you're updating just one server, please visit Windows Update.
- Install Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) to help secure your server and to better defend against hackers. Windows Server 2003 SP1 enhances security infrastructure by providing new security tools such as Security Configuration Wizard, which helps secure your server for role-based operations, improves defense-in-depth with Data Execution Protection, and provides a safe and secure first-boot scenario with Post-setup Security Update Wizard. Windows Server 2003 SP1 assists IT professionals in securing their server infrastructure and provides enhanced manageability and control for Windows Server 2003 users.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003
- See also Windows Server 2003 SP1 hard disk space requirements.
Note: This version of the Service Pack 1 only installs on the 32-bit versions of the Microsoft Windows Server 2003 operating systems.
- If you are running Windows Small Business Server 2003, please install using the instructions at, Windows Small Business Server 2003 Service Pack 1 web page.
- If you use a Dell Server with a Dell factory installed version of Windows Server 2003 as a domain controller, we recommend that you go to Dell web site for more information prior to installing Windows Server 2003 SP1. This issue only affects a limited set of users with specific disk drive controllers that are configured to be a domain controller.
- There are two issues with Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 which may affect server-to-server communication for TCP/IP and/or RPC traffic across firewall or VPN products in rare and specific network configurations. This can affect domain replication and other connectivity. When you deploy SP1 it is always a recommended practice to monitor domain controller replication to ensure that your Domain Controllers are not affected. For specific details including hotfix availability, please read knowledge base article 899148 and knowledge base article 898060
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download, or select a different language from the Change language drop-down list and click Go.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Run.
- To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save.
- To cancel the installation, click Cancel.