Update for Microsoft Point of Service for .NET v1.12 (KB980087)
This update to POS for .NET v1.12 corrects an ArgumentNullException error.
- When a device is already claimed by one application, attempts to claim that device by other applications running from different user accounts, fail.
POS for .NET returns an Argument exception instead of a POS exception. Once a user account receives this failure, subsequent attempts by that user account to claim the device fail, even after the device is released.
This failure does not occur for two applications running from the same user account. Access to the global event is denied only for different accounts.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Embedded for Point of Service, Windows Embedded POSReady 2009, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows XP Professional Edition
- Choose Download on this page to start the download.
- Choose Save to copy the self extracting executable file to your computer for installation.
- Expand the self-extracting executable file.
- Read the eula.rtf file for the Supplemental License Terms.
- Read the readme.txt file for installation instructions.
For example: If you have saved to the root directory of your C drive, type KB980087.exe at the Command Prompt in the root directory of the C drive:
The self extracting executable creates a directory off the root of the C drive named kb980087:
This directory contains:
- kb980087.msp (Installation File)
- eula.rtf (Supplemental License Terms)
- readme.txt (Update Package Installation Instructions)