Microsoft Download Center Archive
patterns & practices Enterprise Library - June 2005
This release of Enterprise Library includes: Caching Application Block, Configuration Application Block, Cryptography Application Block, Data Access Application Block, Exception Handling Application Block, Logging & Instrumentation Application Block, and Security Application Block.
- The patterns & practices Enterprise Library is a library of Application Blocks designed to assist developers with common enterprise development challenges. Application Blocks are a type of guidance, provided as source code, that can be used as-is, extended or modified by developers for use on enterprise development projects. The June 2005 release of Enterprise Library is a minor update of the original version released in January 2005. Enterprise Library features new and updated versions of application blocks that were previously available as stand-alone blocks. All blocks included in Enterprise Library have been updated with a particular focus on consistency, extensibility, ease of use and integration.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP Professional Edition
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 development system (Enterprise Architect, Enterprise Developer, or Professional edition)
- Some blocks and samples require the use of Microsoft SQL Server or other database products.
- NUnit 2.1.4 is required if you want to execute unit tests.
- Click the 'Download button' to commence the download
- Once the download dialog appears, do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk. Once you are ready to install Enterprise Library, double-click on the saved file
- Follow the instructions in the installer program, including accepting the End User Licensing Agreement