Sandcastle - Version 2.4.10520
Enabling managed class library developers throughout the world to easily create accurate, informative documentation with a common look and feel.
- Sandcastle produces accurate, MSDN style, comprehensive documentation by reflecting over the source assemblies and optionally integrating XML Documentation Comments. Sandcastle has the following key features:
- Works with or without authored comments
- Supports Generics and .NET Framework 2.0
- Sandcastle has 2 main components (MrefBuilder and Build Assembler)
- MrefBuilder generates reflection xml file for Build Assembler
- Build Assembler includes syntax generation, transformation..etc
- Sandcastle is used internally to build .Net Framework documentation
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 2
- 1. Uninstall previous versions of Sandcastle.
2. Click on the "Download" button above to install Sandcastle.
3. After installing Sandcastle, follow the steps here to create a sample CHM or HxS build.
4. Visit Sandcastle blog for the release notes and latest information.
Note: Installing VS SDK after installing Sandcastle will cause Sandcastle not to work properly as VS SDK installer updates both the PATH and DXROOT environment variables in the registry