Inside Visual Studio
Chapters 4, 9 and 13 of Inside Visual Studio (MS Press)
- Learn how to put all the built-in power of Microsoft® Visual Studio® .NET 2003 to work with this comprehensive, in-depth programming guide. It drills down into the internal workings of Visual Studio .NET to help you get the most out of its features, editors, and project-management capabilities. You’ll see how to extend this rich, integrated development environment to maximize your productivity for any project, no matter where you are in the development cycle—or which language you use. You’ll also learn how to use macros and add-ins to simplify your work. Code examples in every chapter show you exactly what to do. Topics covered include:
Visual Studio .NET as a development tool:
• The evolution of Visual Studio .NET
• Project-management tools
• Editors and the IDE
Extending Visual Studio .NET:
• The add-in architecture, the add-in wizard, and the automation object model
• Add-in Manager Plus, which helps you manage add-ins and associated registry entries
• Managing solutions and projects programmatically
• Programming the user interface
• Text-editing objects and events
• The code model and Code Model Explorer, which lets you browse your project’s code model view
Deployment, help, and advanced projects:
• Designing setup projects
• Visual Studio .NET 2003 Help
• Advanced projects
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: TabletPC, Windows 2000, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows 2000 Server, Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP
- Adobe Acrobat 4.0 or later
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.