Microsoft PowerPivot for Excel 2010 and PowerPivot in Excel 2013 Samples
PowerPivot empowers users of all levels to access and mashup data from virtually any source. Users can create their own compelling reports and analytical applications, easily share insights, and collaborate with colleagues through Microsoft Excel and SharePoint.
- There are two versions of the download file.
PowerPivotExamplesExcel2010.zip – Includes samples for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 SP1 PowerPivot for Excel 2010. This version requires you have SQL Server 2012 SP1 PowerPivot for Excel 2010 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29074) Add-in installed.
PowerPivotExamplesExcel2013.zip – Includes samples for Microsoft PowerPivot in Excel 2013.
If you open a sample for PowerPivot for Excel 2010 in PowerPivot in Excel 2013, you will get a notification stating you must upgrade the data model in the workbook. You cannot open a sample for PowerPivot in Excel 2013 data model in PowerPivot for Excel 2010.
Each sample file contains three Business Intelligence samples:
- PowerPivot Healthcare Audit.xlsx
- PowerPivot Tutorial Sample.xlsx
- LCA BI - Financial Report Usage.xlsx
These PowerPivot workbooks provide examples on how PowerPivot can be used to import data, create relationships, create calculated columns and measures, and add PivotTables, slicers and PivotCharts.
NOTE: To fully interact with these samples, you must have Excel 2010 and the PowerPivot for Excel 2010 add-in installed and enabled, or Excel 2013 and the PowerPivot in Excel 2013 add-in enabled.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-Bit x86), Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 editions, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter, Windows Vista Service Pack 2, Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Windows 8
Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
Windows XP with SP3 (32-bit)
Windows Vista with SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit)*
Windows Server 2008 with SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit)*
Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-bit or 64-bit) with MSXML 6.0 installed+
Terminal Server and Windows on Windows (WOW)-- which allow you to instal 32-bit versions of Office 2010 on 64-bit operating system-- are supported.
* Also requires Platform Update for Windows Vista/Windows Server 2008.
+ Only 32-bit Microsoft®Office 2010/PowerPivot for Microsoft® Excel 2010 is supported on 64-bit Windows Server 2003 R2.
- 500 MHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor or higher
- Minimum of 1 GB of RAM (2 GB or more is recommended.)
- 3.5 GB of available hard disk space
- Internet access
Here is the copy of the detailed Hardware and Software Requirements for your review.
- To open and interact with the content of these workbooks, do the following:
- Follow the instructions to install Microsoft Office 2010 and PowerPivot for Excel found here.
- Download and save these samples to a folder on your local computer.
- Start Excel 2010.
- On the File menu, click Open.
- Open the sample file that you want to view.
- To view the data embedded in the workbook, click PowerPivot Window Launch on the PowerPivot tab.