Update for Windows Server 2008 Server Manager (KB940518)
Install this update to enable full integration of Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) 3.0 SP1 into Server Manager on a system running Windows Server 2008.
- Install this update to enable full integration of Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) 3.0 SP1 into Server Manager on a system running Windows Server 2008. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.
This update is provided to you and licensed under the Windows Server 2008 License Terms.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008
- To avoid a restart of the computer, verify that Initial Configuration Tasks, Server Manager, or servermanagercmd.exe are not running during the installation process. You must also log on to the computer as an administrator to install this update.
- On a computer running Windows Server 2008, download the Update for Server Manager in Windows Server 2008 (KB940518) package from the Microsoft Web site.
- Double-click the downloaded package to start the Setup wizard. Follow the instructions in the wizard to complete the installation.
- Open Server Manager from one of the following locations:
- The Start menu
- On the Start menu, right-click Computer, and then click Manage
- On the Start menu, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Server Manager
- Quick Launch toolbar available on the Windows taskbar
Note: If WSUS 3.0 SP1 is already installed on your computer, skip the remaining steps.
- On the Server Manager home page, in the Roles Summary area, click Add Roles.
- Select Windows Server Update Services from the list of available roles on the Select Server Roles page of the Add Roles Wizard.
- Follow the instructions in the Add Roles Wizard to complete installation.