Microsoft Presence Sample for Web Based Applications
The Microsoft Presence Sample for Web Based Applications illustrates how to display presence status and provide real-time collaboration options in web pages using the interfaces provided by Microsoft Office Communicator 2005.
- The Microsoft Presence Sample for Web Based Applications demonstrates three different approaches for displaying presence status and providing real-time collaboration options on web pages:
- Using the NameCtrl Activex control that is installed by Office 2003 and used by Windows SharePoint Services and SharePoint Portal Server 2003 to display presence and provide real-time collaboration options
- Using a custom ActiveX control, the Presence Controls, to provide a custom user experience
- Using simple scripting from the web page to access the Office Communicator 2005 automation interfaces to provide a basic level of functionality
- You should install either Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 or Microsoft Visual Web Developer Express to build the controls and the sample applications
- Microsoft Office Communicator 2005 should be installed on any client machines accessing deployed instances of these web application samples
- There is no support for this sample code.
For more information about Microsoft Office Communicator 2005 and Microsoft Office Live Communications Server 2005, please visit http://www.microsoft.com/livecomm.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 2
- This download works with the following Office programs:
- Microsoft Office Communicator 2005
- Microsoft Office Live Communications Server 2005 with SP1
- To install this download:
- Download the file by clicking the Download button (above) and saving the file to your hard disk.
- Double-click the PresenceonWebPages.msi program file on your hard disk to begin installation.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
- On the Start menu, point to Settings and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In the list of currently installed programs, select Microsoft Presence Sample for Web Based Applications and then click Remove or Add/Remove. If a dialog box appears, follow the instructions to remove the program.
- Click Yes or OK to confirm that you want to remove the program.