Readings in Service Orientation
Second book of the MS Architecture Strategy Team
- Many forces are involved with architecture, but the fundamental principles that govern all
architectures are simple: it’s easy, it works, it’s familiar, and it can be trusted.
The purpose of this book is to let you form your own opinions about the impact of
services orientation on your business and computing environments. This book is not trying
to be an authoritative reference for service orientation. Rather, presented here is an interesting
set of classical papers on architecting services by a variety of well-known authors in
the architectural space. The topics, or architectural viewpoints covered, go from a perspective
on business architecture, through model-based tools, to map from the business to
technology to the choices in new IT infrastructure.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Apple Mac OS X, Linux, Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista
- Adobe Reader
- 1. Click the Download link to start the download.
2. Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.
3. View the .pdf file using Adobe Acrobat 4.0 or later