Microsoft Download Center Archive
Microsoft SQL Server JDBC Driver 2.0
Download the SQL Server JDBC Driver 2.0, a Type 4 JDBC driver that provides database connectivity through the standard JDBC application program interfaces (APIs) available in Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 5 and 6.
- The Microsoft SQL Server JDBC Driver 3.0 is now available.
In its continued commitment to interoperability, Microsoft has released a new Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) driver. The SQL Server JDBC Driver 2.0 download is available to all SQL Server users at no additional charge, and provides access to SQL Server 2000, SQL Server 2005, and SQL Server 2008 from any Java application, application server, or Java-enabled applet. This is a Type 4 JDBC driver that provides database connectivity through the standard JDBC application program interfaces (APIs) available in Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 5 and 6.
This release of the JDBC Driver is JDBC 4.0 compliant and runs on the Java Development Kit (JDK) version 5.0 or 6.0. It has been tested against all major application servers including BEA WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, and JBoss.
Note: By downloading the Microsoft SQL Server JDBC Driver 2.0, you are accepting the terms and conditions of the End-User License Agreement (EULA) for this component. Please review the End-User License Agreement (EULA) located on this page and print a copy of the EULA for your records.
Note: Peer-to-peer support is available in the SQL Server forums. To submit feedback on this JDBC Driver release, visit the SQL Server Feedback Center.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Linux, Unix, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista Service Pack 1, Windows XP Service Pack 3
- The list above is an example of some of the supported operating systems. The JDBC driver is designed to work on any operating system that supports the use of a Java Virtual Machine (JVM). However, only Sun Solaris, SUSE Linux, and Windows XP or later operating systems have been tested.
- Java Development Kit: 5.0 or 6.0
- SQL Server 2008 or SQL Server 2005 or SQL Server 2000
- Installation Instructions for the Microsoft Windows version of the JDBC Driver
- Download sqljdbc_<version>_<language>.exe to a temporary directory.
- Run sqljdbc_<version>_<language>.exe.
- Enter an installation directory when prompted. We recommend that you unpack this zip file in %ProgramFiles% with the default directory: "Microsoft SQL Server JDBC Driver 2.0".
- After the package unpacks, open the JDBC Help System by opening %InstallationDirectory%\Microsoft SQL Server JDBC Driver 2.0\sqljdbc_<version>\<language>\help\default.htm. This will display the help system in your Web browser.
- Download sqljdbc_<version>_<language>.tar.gz to a temporary directory.
- To unpack the zipped tar file, navigate to the directory where you want the driver unpacked and type gzip -d sqljdbc_<version>_<language>.tar.gz.
- To unpack the tar file, move it to the directory where you want the driver installed and type tar –xf sqljdbc_<version>_<language>.tar.
- After the package unpacks, open the JDBC Help System by opening %InstallationDirectory%/Microsoft SQL Server JDBC Driver 2.0/sqljdbc_<version>/<language>/help/default.htm. This will display the help system in your default Web browser.